Maternity photos are a big deal these days, and if you choose to have professional photos taken, it’s an investment to capture a special time in your life. So, if you’re going to have them done, you want to make sure you get photographs that will serve as lasting, beautiful memories you can always look back on. I never went “all out” on photos, either times I was pregnant, and I kinda sorta wish that maybe I had… But — in the interest of those of you who are making sure you don’t let this moment in time escape you, I thought I’d reach out to Amber Renee, who photographs some gorgeous maternity photos, to get her thoughts on how to make the most of a maternity photo session…
- Plan and book an appointment for photography to fall in the 28-34 weeks pregnant range, be sure to book the appointment in advance.
- For those that have been put on bedrest….dont let that discourage you! A beautiful maternity session can be done in your home. Most photographers will be more than happy to work with your restrictions.
- Choose a photographer who you feel comfortable with, meet for lunch or have a phone chat, look at their portfolio/website, get a feel for the style of pictures that they produce and their artistic style. Everyone photographer has a different style, make sure that their style matches your vision.
- I recommend 100% that you put some thought into what you want and to communicate it to your photographer
- Search sites like Pinterest for inspiration!
- Plan your photo shoot wardrobe – www.shoptaopan.com is GREAT for all things maternity and newborn
- ETSY is another one of my favorite websites to find something different.
- I love to create magical moments in my images! I have found those moments come through the most during a well planned session. My goal is to create a session that shows my clients style. so, as a photographer, I ask a lot of questions and spend a lot of time finding that perfect location, or assisting with style tips. I like to incorporate the location, clothing choice, hair & makeup style, and any personal items that have special meaning, to make my sessions a unique experience.
- YES!!! Please get your hair and make up done! It makes all the difference!
- Clear your schedule (and mind) for the day >> pamper yourself!
- Eat and drink before your session, and bring a snack and some water with you.
- Include your other children too! And, relieve stress by bringing a babysitter to help out with the kids, until its time for them to join. Bring snacks for them. Let them bring a favorite toy or a blanket.
- Hiring a Photographer is an investment of your memories, so, DONT FORGET TO ORDER PRINTS! So many people just get the digital files and end up never printing them.
Amber Renee is a San Francisco Bay Area based photographer. To contact and book a photo session with her, visit www.amber.zenfolio.com
Amber Renee on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amber.renee.fuhtogruhfee
Amber Renee on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/AmberRenee36/