Every week, Chef Bob of Farm Fresh Supermarkets, makes an appearance on the TV show I host and this week he made his “Holiday Mix Nuts Roca Candy.” Now, I’m not big on nuts, but I know people tend to go “nuts” for this stuff, especially around this time of year! Well, he graciously shared his recipe with me, so now I’m going to share it with you!
Holiday Mix Nuts Roca Candy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooling time: 1 hour
1 lb. Unsalted Butter
2 cups Sugar
2 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
5 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups Mixed Nuts (Planters Deluxe)
12 oz bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 bag of 12 oz bag White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Chopped Mixed Nuts
1. Over Medium heat, melt butter in a large pot.
2. Add corn syrup, water, vanilla and sugar to pot and cook until temp reaches 290 degrees (use a candy thermometer) or until the mixture becomes the color of a brown paper bag (about 15-20 minutes) stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (mixture will rise and bubble quite a bit).
3. Remove from heat and stir in mixed nuts.
4. Pour mixture onto a non-greased cookie sheet with edges.
5. While the nut mixture is cooling, melt the semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate chips separately in a double boiler until all the chips are gone, and chocolate is smooth.
6. Pour the warm semi sweet chocolate over the nut mixture and spread evenly.
7. Use a fork or spoon to drizzle the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
8. Sprinkle with chopped nuts (Planters is fine), and allow candy to cool completely and chocolate to harden before breaking it apart.
Note: May want to cool in freezer for at least an hour.
If you want to watch the video clip when he made this click HERE